Associate Broker, Partner, PSU Alumni
- 814-238-8080 ext 3328
- 814-238-8080 ext 3328
- 1612 North Atherton Street
State College, PA 16803
Let us help you buy and sell in Centre County!
There are many qualities and skills that go into being an excellent realtor. In my opinion, the most is the ability to discover and address the different needs, wants, expectations and concerns of different buyers and sellers. This ability comes from a sincere concern for each person and their special needs coupled with a great deal of practical experience and education.
That's why the ability to listen and be sensitive to my client's needs is the essence of good service, and everything we do in Real Estate work serves this object in one way or another. My team and I are committed to your success in finding your new home or getting your home sold.
- Peter Chiarkas
Meet the Educated, Experienced & Committed Team
Laurel Cardillo * Krissy Bonson * Peter Chiarkas * Erica Zaritski
Peter Chiarkas, Associate Broker & Partner
Peter is a 1999 graduate of Penn State University He is a highly motivated and energized Seller Agent. Prospecting daily, looking for Buyers for your home as well as networking with all agents in the area for Maximum exposure. Peter’s Aggressive “Plan of Action” gets homes SOLD every time!
As the Team Leader, Peter is 100% committed to making sure that the sale of your home is a smooth and profitable transaction. With over 18 years of experience selling homes, Peter brings knowledge of the housing market that is unmatched. He applies aggressive marketing and sales skills to get your property sold for the highest price in the shortest period of time. The satisfaction of his clients is the most important thing to him. His proudest accomplishment as an agent is that over 70% of his business comes from client referrals and repeat customers. Peter is committed to making you a client for life!
Office: (814) 238-8080, ext 3328
Mobile: (814) 571-8204
Laurel Cardillo, Buyer Agent
Laurel is a licensed Realtor who joined Peter after moving to State College from Connecticut. Her focus as a full time buyer agent for Peter is to not only find the right home for our clients but to ensure that the buyers are completly satisfied from start to finish. With over a decade of experience in real estate, Laurel has perfected the buying process. From the initial home search to the excitement of handing the keys of the new home over to the buyers at closing, Laurel will help you navigate the market. As a resident of Centre County for over 13 years, she is well-versed on the in's and out's of the schools, roads and infrastructure.
Laurel graduated from Endicott College. After spending several years raising her family, her enthusiasm quickly turned to real estate. The rest is history!
Office: (814) 238-8080, ext 3348
Mobile: (814) 441-1664
Krissy Bonson, Listing & Buying Agent
While her career started in Human Resources, Krissy’s love for real estate quickly developed when she became a licensed Realtor several years ago. Krissy is responsible for meeting with sellers to take pictures of their home, determine data for the Multiple Listing System (MLS), entering your home into the MLS and creating highlight sheets to market your property. She handles all marketing, advertising projects, magazine publications and much more. Krissy will help to keep you informed of showing feedback and other information prior to acceptance of an agreement of sale. After the property goes under contract, she will work closely with each seller to make sure inspections are completed and all details are finalized so there is a successful closing.
Krissy graduated from Messiah College with a degree in Human Resources and worked as a Human Resources/Operations Manager at a Resort for 8 years before getting her Real Estate License. Aside from listings and marketing, Krissy also works as a buyer agent for Peter, helping buyers to find their perfect home.
Office: (814) 238-8080, ext 3333
Mobile: (717) 994-9080
Erica Zaritski, Buyer Agent
Erica is a licensed Realtor who joined Peter after many years of sales experience in Pittsburgh. Her passion is sales! Her background in sales and marketing allows her to understand the changing market while finding the best homes for our clients. Erica’s role is 100% focused on buyers – she will work tirelessly to make sure she can find the right home and make sure the process is stress-free from the beginning until closing.
Erica graduated from The University of Pittsburg with a Bachelor of Arts degree. After working with a Fortune 500 company for 5 years, she and her family moved to the State College area where a lot of their extended family is located. She knows what the transition to a new area is like and will help each buyer navigate the process.
Office: (814) 238-8080, ext 3349
Mobile: (412) 334-1818
Why work with me and my team?
- We will provide you with general information to help you better understand the process of selling and/or buying a home.
- We offer a free comparative market analysis to determine the worth of your home and provide all necessary paperwork to provide a speedy and hassle-free sale.
- We will coordinate all advertising and marketing needs to ensure that your home sells quickly.
- We will manage all appointments and showings as well as necessary inspections.
- We will provide you daily information on your sale or purchase.
- We will present all of the necessary documentation while offering a proficient and stress-free closing.
- We will actively and aggressivly search to procure a buyer for your home.
- Our Buyer Agent services are free!
- We will help while negotiating the best price.
- We will ensure that your closing transaction is both timely and efficient.
- We are committed to each and every client and will make the process simple and hassle-free!
- Buyer & Seller Representation
- Investment Properties
- New Construction
- First Time Home Buyers
"I enjoy being an active member of my community and Centre County. I strive to make the Centre Region a better place to live, work and enjoy! I have committed myself to being a Young Leader of the United Way, a member of the 4th Fest, and I participate yearly in the Day of Caring."
My Recent Track Record
- 206 Rosewood Cove, Bellefonte
- 115 Amblewood Way, State College
- 1149 Oneida Street, State College
- 326 Nittany Valley Drive, Bellefonte
- 632D Oakwood Avenue, State College
- 115 Slate Court, Bellefonte
- 875 Willard Street, State College
- 877 Willard Street, State College
- 237 Amblewood Way, State College
- 109 Clemson Court, State College
- 95 Eric Street, Tipton
- 237 Amblewood Way, State College
- 115 Windrush Road, State College
- 1071 W. Springfield Drive, Bellefonte
- 149 Barrington Lane, Bellefonte
- 140 Lois Lane, State College
- 236 Kestrel Lane, Boalsburg
- 222 Armagast Road, Bellefonte
- 1924 Park Forest Avenue, State College
- 141 Rosehill Drive, Bellefonte
- 1338 Penfield Road, State College
- 454 Amblewood Way, State College
- 1332 S Pugh Street, State College
- 534 Melissa Lane, State College
- 1121D West Aaron Drive, State College
- 144 Lenor Drive, State College
- 229 Kestrel Lane, Boalsburg
- 3344 Penns Valley Pike, Spring Mills
- 212 Fieldstone Lane, Bellefonte
- 626 Old Farm Lane, State College
- 100 Meadow Lane, State College
- 94 Saddle Ridge Road, Port Matilda
- 833 Shamrock Ave, State College
- 426 Candlewood Drive, State College
- 811 Walnut Street, State College
- 3040 Wells Terrace, State College
- 1816 Waddle Road, State College
- 129 Mountain Avenue, Woodward
- 162 Beaumanor Road, State College
- 221 Mitchell Avenue W, State College
- 202 Sigler Street, Milroy
- 738 Devonshire Drive, State College
- 232 Horizon Drive, State College
- 280 Stable View Drive, Port Matilda
- 735 Westerly Parkway, State College
- 1370 Buffalo Run Road, Bellefonte
- 395 Howard Street E, Bellefonte
- 657 Benjamin Court, State College
- 430 Norle Street, State College
- 2465 Circleville Road, #135, State College
- 215 Glenndale Road, Port Matilda
- 148 Back Street, Centre Hall
- 222 Wiltree Court, State College
- 661 Benjamin Court, State College
- 270 Willow Lane, Reedsville
- 461 Hawknest Road, State College
- On Grand Teton Lane, Port Matilda
- 371 Lower Coleville Road, Bellefonte
- 305 Greenbrook Drive, Bellefonte
- 439 Norle Street, State College
- 190 Rosewood Cove, Bellefonte
- 1506 Woodledge Circle, State College
- 2274 Oak Leaf Drive, State College
- 23 Cabin Lane, Milroy
- 219 E Pine Street, Philipsburg
- 337 Oakwood Avenue, State College
- 1263 Northampton Street, State College
- 691 Wiltshire Drive, State College
- 11-3181 Shellers Bend, State College
- 230 Longhouse Lane, Julian
- 375 Oakley Drive, State College
- 116-100 Jefferson Avenue, State College
- 178 Exeter Lane, Bellefonte
- 287 Oakwood Avenue, State College
- 710 Halfmoon Street, Bellefonte
- 22 Randall Road, Port Matilda
- 293 Michael Road, Port Matilda
- 1205 Sawgrass Circle, State College
- 1428 Railroad Avenue, Julian
- 326 E Curtin Street, Bellefonte
- 22 Fredericksburg Court, State College
- 164 South Water Street, Pine Grove Mills
- 247 Greens Valley Road, Centre Hall
- 119 Merry Hill Road, State College
- 338 Oakley Drive, State College
- 146 Landon Drive, Bellefonte
- 745 Devonshire Drive, State College
- 207 Greenlee Lane, PA Furnace
- 53 Stableview Drive, Port Matilda
- 325 Nittany Valley Drive, Bellefonte
- 120 Meadowhawk Lane, State College
- 3-3181 Shellers Bend, State College
- 530 Stoney Lane, State College
- 295 Holly Ridge Drive, State College
- 547 Brittany Drive, State College
- 1400 Houserville Road, State College
- 180 Beacon Circle, Boalsburg
- 320 E Whitehall Road, State College
- 136 W Aaron Drive, State College
- 517 Nimitz Ave, State College
- 164 Red Willow Road, State College
- 103 Seymore Avenue, State College
- 133 Beaumanor Road, State College
- 2357 Setter Run Lane, State College
- 1137 Axemann Road, Bellefonte
- 710 South Atherton Street, #110, State College
- 165 Gala Drive, State College
- 160 Norman Avenue, Pleasant Gap
- 1115 S. Garner Street, State College
- 17 Fredricksburg Court, State College
- 1722 Woodledge Drive, State College
- 142 Apple Court, Lemont
- 125 N Main Street, Milroy
- 1406 Linn Street, State College
- 2477 Autumnwood Drive, State College
- Lot 142 Pepperberry Lane, State College
- 305 Winesap Drive, Port Matilda
- 216 Centennial Hills Road, Port Matilda
- 207 Jonathan Lane, Bellefonte
- 11-808 Stratford Drive, State College
- 106 Skyview Drive, Bellefonte
- 233 Sunrise Terrace, State College
- 264 Ghaner Drive, State College
- 2042 Mary Ellen Lane, State College
- 112 Doubletree Place, Port Matilda
- 1957 Harvest Circle, State College
- 2320 Falconpointe Drive, State College
- 246 Centennial Hills Road, Port Matilda
- 122 Grant Circle, Bellefonte
- 332 Glengary Lane, State College
- 130 Manor Road, Centre Hall
- 1882 Dry Hollow Road, Warriors Mark
- B-142 Alma Mater Court, State College
- 109 Brookfarm Drive, Belleville
- 470 Hawknest Road, State College
- 1391 Sconsett Way, State College
- 290 Hawknest Road, State College
- 2431 Park Center Boulevard, State College
- 4923 Dungarvin Road, Warriors Mark
- 12 Rosemont Avenue, Lewistown
- 218 Oakley Drive, State College
- 109 Cornfield Lane, Port Matilda
- 136 Glenndale Drive, Port Matilda
- 658E Oakwood Avenue, State College
- 441 E Lamb Street, Bellefonte
- 10709 Mimosa Drive, Huntingdon
- 1707 Puddintown Road, State College
- 152 Lincoln Lane, Bellefonte
- 815 Outer Drive, State College
- 128 Whisper Ridge Drive, State College
- 102 Centennial Hills Road, Port Matilda
- 1231 East College Avenue, Bellefonte
- 213 N Pennsylvania Avenue, Centre Hall
- 12 Winding Way, Lewistown
- 198 Kestrel Lane, Boalsburg
- 139 Kuhns Lane, State College
- 403 Wiltshire Drive, Bellefonte
- 1707 Puddintown Road, State College
- 1351 Valley View Road, Bellefonte
- 123 Pat Lane, Spring Mills
- 1502 Woodledge Circle, State College
- 811 Bayberry Lane, State College
- 259 Hecla Road, Mingoville
- 90 Buffalo Lane, Port Matilda
- 141 Stoney Ridge Acres Road, Centre Hall
- 215 Amblewood Way, State College
- 237 Oakwood Avenue, State College
- 131 Lincoln Avenue, State College
- 116 Abbott Lane, State College
- 1244 Runville Road, Bellefonte
- 413 E Beaver Street, Bellefonte
- Lot 49 Aster Avenue, Bellefonte
- 115 Maclay Street, Milroy
- On Weaver Road, Spring Mills
- Lot 48 Aster Avenue, Bellefonte
- 181 Thomas Lane, Pleasant Gap
- 141 Jefferson Circle, Bellefonte
- 132 Steeplechase Drive, Pleasant Gap
- 100 Jefferson Avenue, #126, State College
- 199 Mill Street, Howard
- 250 Banyan Drive, State College
- 180 Meadowview Drive, State College
- 1270 University Drive, State College
- 240 Woodland Drive, State College
- 136 Harvorford Circle, State College
- 123 Tressler Street, Pleasant Gap
- 15-803 Stratford Drive, State College
- 725 Oakwood Avenue, State College
- 123 Gwenned Lane, State College
- 2095 Mary Ellen Lane, State College
- 125 Elm Street, Pleasant Gap
- 584 Melissa Lane, State College
- 3084 Sheffield Drive, State College
- 919 Foster Avenue W, State College
- 308 McBath Street, State College
- 144 Tradition Drive, State College
- 129 Rosehill Drive, Bellefonte
- 303 McBath Street, State College
- 101 Berwick Drive, Boalsburg
- 331 Kimport Avenue, Boalsburg
- 1893 Park Forest Avenue, State College
- 251 Brother's Court, Port Matilda
- 9579 Playhouse Road, Petersburg
- 220 Gwenedd Lane, Pleasant Gap
- 133 Winchester Court, State College
- 652 Nittany Valley Drive, Bellefonte
- 137 Main Street South, Pleasant Gap
- 75 Silver Avenue, Lamar
- 204 Meadow Flower Circle, Bellefonte
- 235 College Avenue, Milroy
- 119 Wynwood Drive, Centre Hall
- 134 Red Willow Road, State College
- 2309 Falconpointe Drive, State College
- 107 Dunkirk Road, Warriors Mark
- 212 Shoemaker Avenue, Bellefonte
- 3132 Wetherburn Drive, State College
- 154 Kestrel Lane, Boalsburg
- 213 McBath Street, State College
- 257 South Main Street, Pleasant Gap
- 118 Larimer Street, Pleasant Gap
- 122 First Street, Centre Hall
- 1184 Ghaner Road, Port Matilda
- 141 Rosehill Road, Bellefonte
- 803-2 Stratford Drive, State College
- 252 Bush Hollow Road, Julian
- 1125 Teaberry Lane, State College
- 531 East Beaver Street, Bellefonte
- 208 Wiltree Court, State College
- 463 E. High Street, Bellefonte
- 135 Laurel Meadow Lane, Centre Hall
- 141 Harvest Run Road S, State College
- 42 Maclay Street, Milroy
- 4251 Miller Road, Petersburg
- 404 Meadow Flower Circle, Bellefonte
- 152 Aster Avenue (Lot 61), Bellefonte
- 118 Dorchester Lane, Bellefonte
- 198 Terra Vista Street, Howard
- 1958 Highland Drive, State College
- 866 Willard Street, State College
- 5458 Champaign Lane, Warriors Mark
- 109 Grandview Road, Centre Hall
- 180 Fairlawn Ave, State College
- 128 E High Street, Bellefonte
- 254 Timberwood Trail, Centre Hall
- 2347 Saratoga Drive, State College
- 4350 Nittany Valley Drive, Lamar
- 686 Buffalo Run Road, Bellefonte
- 103 Willow Bend Drive, Bellefonte
- 388 Jacobs Road, Julian
- 1653 Circleville Road, State College
- 19A Meadow Flower Circle, Bellefonte
- 141 Treetops Drive, State College
- 303 Beacon Circle, Boalsburg
- 1622 Hawthorn Drive, State College
- 122 Midway Drive, Bellefonte
- 148 Harvest Run Road, State College
- 134 Brothers Court, Port Matilda
- 360 Spring Street South, Bellefonte
- 160 Barrens Court, Port Matilda
- 101 Charlotte Street, Port Matilda
- 164 Exeter Lane, Bellefonte
- 1454 Westerly Parkway, State College
- 1270 Haymaker Road, State College
- On Askey Road, Snow Shoe
- 240 Hawknest Road, State College
- 172 Kestrel Lane, Boalsburg
- 122 Aaron Drive, State College
- 412-200 Highland Avenue, State College
- 16 Smith Road, Port Matilda
- 104 2nd Street, Centre Hall
- 105 Chester Court, Pine Grove Mills
- 149 Colgate Court, Port Matilda
- Lot 11 Kenwood Drive, Petersburg
- Lot 41 Aster Avenue, Bellefonte
- Lot 53 Aster Avenue, Bellefonte
- 3256 Charter Oak Road, Petersburg
- 128 Oak Lane, State College
- 103 Riverstone Lane, Bellefonte
- 1777 Blue Course Drive, State College
- 1014 Atherton Street S, State College
- 1005 Atherton Street S, State College
- 2015 Mary Ellen Lane, State College
- 125 South Hills Avenue, State College
- 1845 Park Forest Avenue, State College
- 102 Fairbrook Drive, PA Furnace
- 163 Exeter Lane, Bellefonte
- 2009 Fairwood Lane, State College
- 180 Dorchester Lane, Bellefonte
- 2368 Quail Run Road, State College
- 750 W Aaron Drive, State College
- 2380 Park Center Blvd, State College
- 138 Rosewood Cove, Bellefonte
- 162 Gala Drive, State College
- 110 Stonerow Lane, Port Matilda
- 2204 Oak Lane N, State College
- 101 Whitepine Place, Port Matilda
- 2302 Raven Hollow Road, State College
- 212 McCormick Avenue E, State College
- 3A Meadow Flower Circle, Bellefonte
- 125 Chicory Avenue, Bellefonte
- 23B - 352 Meadow Flower Circle, Bellefonte
- 1325 Joanna Drive, Bellefonte
- 317 Penn Street, Huntingdon
- 624 Devonshire Drive, State College
- 530 Stony Lane, State College
- 381 Millgate Road, Bellefonte
- 2184 Autumnwood Drive, State College
- 121 Chester Drive, Pine Grove Mills
- 8256 Eagle Valley Road S, Port Matilda
- 2091 Mary Ellen Lane, State College
- 234 Fry Drive, State College
- 718 Linnet Lane, State College
- 512 Nittany Avenue W, State College
- 685 Crandall Drive, State College
- 210 Brothers Court, Port Matilda
- 241 Rosemont Drive, State College
- 328 Douglas Drive, State College
- 2056 Chelsea Lane, State College
- 534 Balmoral Circle, State College
- 125 Ramblewood Drive, PA Furnace
- 371 Ghaner Drive, State College
- 1011 Lincoln Avenue, Tyrone
- 1476 Curtin Street, State College
- 1950 Norwood Lane, State College
- 308 Thorndale Road, Port Matilda
- 139-3296 Shellers Bend, State College
- 117 Forest Glen Circle, Port Matilda
- A2-820 Whitehall Road W, State College
- 1113 Atherton Street S, State College
- Lot 5 Cedar Hill, Reedsville
- 244 Leawood Lane, State College
- 211 Gertrude Street, Philipsburg
- 2379 Nantucket Circle, State College
- 2407 Prairie Rose Lane, State College
- 125 South Hills Avenue W, State College
- 157 E Linn Street, Bellefonte
- 7 Lockes Mill Road, Milroy
- 121 Kaywood Drive, Boalsburg
- 525 Brittany Drive, State College
- 1000 Bayberry Drive, State College
- 667 Berkshire Drive, State College
- 186 Teasel Way, Bellefonte
What My Clients Have to Say....
“In short - benchmark experience - again. Just completed my fourth successful transaction with Peter and his team. From acquisition to selling, he and his team get it handled quickly and properly. The amount of experience he has in the market is evident from the first time you'll speak with him. He's afraid to tell it like it is but in such a way you'll invite him over for dinner later because you'll realize he's *right*. The consistent level of professionalism and experience received in working with him the first person I recommend to anyone looking for a realtor in the Pennsylvania market.” – Jim W.
Peter and his team were very professional and helpful with our case. They helped us to find the perfect house, and we cannot be happier. Thank you very much ! – Nohemy
“Peter and his team are wonderful to work with for both buying and selling. We highly recommend using him for your home buying/purchasing needs. Professional and timely in communications, excellent at negotiating and dealing with the unexpected. We've recommended him to several friends who have also had great success finding the new homes with his help!” – Steve & Caroline R.
“Highly recommend Peter. He works tirelessly on your behalf and will get you what you want. Very professional, everything was efficient. His staff is very helpful as well. You will be happy you chose to work with him.” – Peter T.
“Peter and his team are fantastic. Krissy Bronson was very helpful and our experience was outstanding. From initial contact through closing, we were well informed and Team Chiarkas was extremely professional.” – Mark S.
“Both Peter and Krissy made my home sale a great experience and wish them the best of luck with future sales/buying opportunities. I would definitely recommend their team to friends and prospective business partners.” – John O.
"Peter was very helpful with our home search & purchase. He listened to our needs and provided us with appropriate listings. He is very knowledgeable of State College real estate, was responsive to our questions and gave us good advice. He is a very positive person who was easy to work with. His associate Laurel navigated us through the purchase process and kept us well-informed of all the steps. We have purchased many other homes, and this was one of our most positive experiences." -Carol S.
"Peter and his team did a great job selling our home. They helped us with every aspect of the sale. His team member Krissy Bonson was especially helpful and always replied to any of our questions very promptly. We are very happy with our experience." - Kristen B.
"My work was with Krissy Bonson. She was wonderful. Very responsible and prompt in all responses. She always got back to me the same day I emailed her a question. I lived in Illinois and could not be at the closing in PA, but she was careful to handle all the details and let me know exactly how much I needed to wire to closing. I would recommend her to anyone choosing to buy a house (or sell) in the State College area." - Carol L.
“Krissy was absolutely amazing! So knowledgeable, down to earth and kind. She went above and beyond to assure that I was aware of every step in the home buying process.” – Ashley R.
"Peter, Laurel, and Krissy are true professionals in their field. Last year, the team assisted us in selling our existing home and buying our new home. They were incredibly attentive, responsive, and knowledgeable about the local market. It can be a real logistical and financial challenge to sell an existing home while also trying to locate and buy a new home. Peter and the team also recommended other seasoned professionals to assist with securing financing as well as for other issues that arose when attempting to sell our 100+ year old home. In the end, everything came together just as it should have. Always consider using a real estate agent who knows the market and has the experience to overcome any and all challenges that can be presented in a real estate transaction. I give Peter and his team at Kissinger Bigatel and Brower the highest recommendation and advise that you look no further for your real estate needs in Centre County, PA." - Chris W.
"We loved Laurel Cardillo! We are extremely busy daily due to work and travel but had only a limited window in which to view, buy and settled into a new home. With these stringent deadlines, she took care of everything for us and watched out for our interests carefully throughout the entire process. She also sent us reminders and feedback, assured us when we became worried with the slowness of the underwriting process. She took us from viewing to closing exactly within 50 days! Situations and circumstances will always vary from buyer to buyer and she worked with our situation beautifully. For us first time buyers, Laurel is truly a blessing. She took us through the entire thing smoothly and was very patient with all of our newbie questions. She sent us guides, feedback and set us up with MLS notifications months in advance of our purchase. Put up with tonnes of random questions and an intensely picky list of 'what we want in a house'. THANK YOU LAUREL!!" - Issac M.
"Understood what we were looking for and found it. Peter, Laurel, their knowledge and experience, made the experience pleasant and rewarding. Most importantly, I felt that Peter and Laurel were always working with us and with our best interests as a priority." - Richard S.
"Peter and Laurel made our 1st time home buying process as smooth as possible! They took the time to explain the whole process very thoroughly, and were very professional and helpful! I would without a doubt recommend them to any of my friends and colleagues in the future." - Matt F.
"Had a great experience with Peter and his team! They helped us sell our house within a few days and provided support through entire process. His associate, Krissy, even handled setting up requested repairs for us." - Doreen F.
“Peter and his associate Krissy were excellent in their dealings with me. I told them very specifically what I was looking for in a home and they made sure to help me find exactly what I wanted. Any time I had a question or concern they were there for me. They knew the answers and if they did have the answer at that exact moment they went out of their way to find it. I was more than satisfied with how they treated me throughout the entire buying process.” – Wally R.
“Peter and team were very attentive, professional, patient and diligent. I highly recommend KBB and Peter as great resources to meet your real estate needs in State College!” – Greg S.
“Peter has great local knowledge and is always on top of the current market. He and his team have excellent resources and use them very effectively. We highly recommend Peter and his team for anyone selling or buying a home in the State College area!” – Nick R.
“Peter helped me both sell my home and purchase a new one. Everything went really smoothly thanks to Peter and his assistants. I would recommend Peter for others looking to buy or sell a home.” – Sarah B.
“Peter is the only realtor I would want selling my house if I was you! Peter pulled out all stops and was thoughtful in his strategies to sell my house. It was a challenging sale as the house was incredible, located on 13 glorious acres yet needed a bit of updating for a house of its high end caliber and completely emptied of its contents. Peter's communication skills are top notch and he can be rational in emotional situations. Aren't all house sales emotional to some degree? His marketing is solid. He can identify top assets and leverage them to overcome shortcomings on a property. I would be remiss not to mention Peter’s right hand person Krissy. She was absolutely invaluable to me. She is smart, knowledgeable, a go getter and has impeccable follow-up. Can you tell I'm pleased?” - Julie R.
“Peter knows the market well and is a pro at helping you understand how to set a price for sale of your home and how to determine the price for buying a home. He is very good at keeping in touch and responding to questions.” – Cynthia A.
“Peter is the only realtor as far as I am concerned. If there is a question he has the answers. He always says he works for you and that is very true. Whether buying or selling he will work the hardest to get the job done. We have bought and sold through Peter several times and have worked with other realtors and Peter blows them all away with his knowledge. The whole process can be very stressful but just trust Peter because he is true to his word. I have bought or sold 3 home with him and it has been a delight!” – Jason C.
"Peter was very responsive to my calls. When we met, he was professional, prepared, and exhibited his familiarity and knowledge of the market in my area. We received a solid offer on the residence very quickly, and Peter and his staff guided us through the process throughout. I would receive calls from Peter to just "check in" to see if I had any questions. He was very professional, and I would highly recommend him as a realtor." - Jason D.
"I've sold many homes over the years. I contacted Peter over 2 years before we actually listed with him. To his credited he stayed with us over that length of time. He is professional, knowledgeable, communicative and personable. He anticipates questions and problems and handles them effectively. He has an excellent support staff that compliments his talents. I was never in the dark during the sales process and the transaction couldn't have gone any smoother. I strongly recommend Peter." - Jim K.
"Peter was highly recommended to me by a neighbor. I met with him on a Wednesday night in April and was impressed with his professionalism and organization. I signed the sales agreement that night. Krissy Bonson took pictures of my condo the following AM and my condo was up on the MLS that night. Friday appointments were made for viewings on Saturday. Sunday PM Peter and I met again and I had 2 full price offers and sold my condo! The entire process was effortless on my part thanks to Peter and Krissy. Communication was weekly until closing the end of May which I really appreciated. I could not have been happier! I would highly recommend Peter in the future!" - Leanne C.
"Peter Chiarkas and Krissy Bonson worked with me when I was moving from Pleasant Gap to Ann Arbor. Their expertise and helpful advice every step of the way helped. They sold the home, and went above and beyond by helping with little tasks such as snow removal, landscape, turning down the heat, and many more. It was absolutely a pleasure working with them. Thank you for all you did!" - Rahul S.
“Highly professional and understands the importance of meeting the demands/expectations of his clients. I definitely recommend Peter for any real estate needs because of his knowledge and experience. I think when it comes to dealing with either selling your home or purchasing a home, it is critical to find a realtor that is highly knowledgeable in his field of expertise; in addition, knows the area well and highly reputable. Because I know Peter definitely worked extremely hard to stand by his highly regarded reputation in the State College/Port Matilda area. Peter also has an assistant Laural Cardillo that is available to answer questions and assists with anything you will need so that makes it so much easier when you know as a client you are able to reach someone for assistance at all times. A personal touch to this review for Peter is that when we purchased our home, we had a window that needed to be repaired after inspection. The seller obviously didn't want to spend a penny on fixing anything in the house; so to make the deal happen, Peter voluntarily assisted in fixing up our window. When we did the final walk thru, the window was not 100% fixed and actually needed a replacement. All in all, Peter was willing to pay up to $850 for repairing our master bedroom window. And honestly, I feel that with any realtor after the closing of the house... they could easily walk away from this matter. However, I definitely understand that Peter lives up to his good reputations in the area and with good word of mouth he is able to do better business in the future. Anyhow, he understands the importance of keeping a customer happy and sometimes it may mean making slightly less. Big Kudos for that! So, I definitely recommend choosing Peter if you are new to the State College area. Give him or his assistant Laural a call. They are both truly knowledgeable of the area and would assist you in picking just the right house.” - Yvonne X.
"Peter assisted us in the purchase of an investment property in State College, and to direct us to potential purchases in very short order. When a first purchase fell through for reasons having nothing to do with any of the parties, but with peculiarities of the State College Zoning Ordinance, he located an alternative property within days. His knowledge of the local market is encyclopedic, since he has spent most of his life in State College, and essentially all of his professional life in real estate." - Rose F.
"Peter is a wonderful person to work with regarding his personality, knowledge, and expertise. He helped to get my home sold, which was not sold by two other realtors in three years. I don't believe he has magic, but however he can bring an offer to you. Highly recommended!" - Greg N.
"Smart and professional with good local knowledge. He helped list and sell our property for exactly what he told us. Not a pushy seller either as he has shown us property - very honest. I highly recommend Peter for both buying or selling." - Adam F.
"Peter and his team were easy to work with and went above and beyond the call of duty when needed. I always felt at ease knowing that he was on my side. He was eager to explain details of our transaction and did so openly and honestly." - Beth S.
"We were completely satisfied in our dealings with Peter, who represented us in the sale of our home. He is honest, knowledgeable, possess a strong work-ethic, and really hustles to ensure your deal is closed as fairly and expeditiously as possible. Overall, we were one-hundred percent satisfied in our dealings with Peter and his real-estate team." - Todd S.
"I worked with Peter and Laurel when looking to purchase my home starting last Spring. Laurel was great when it came to accommodating my every want to go look at every house I Thought I might like either that day or the next day. I could not have been any happier with the follow up services and the overall customer service that I received while working with Laurel and Peter. They are great!" - Christa S.
"Mr. Chiarkas was very professional. I really didn't know what I wanted to buy and he helped me sort out what I wanted and needed before the purchase. After the sale he kept in touch to make sure everything was ok. I couldn't have asked more of both him and the Realtor." - Greg S.
"Peter was very prompt in helping me to view multiple different homes in the general vicinity of where I intended to move. He was very patient and did not attempt to "sell" any of the residences to me .I was hoping that Peter would handle the entire process from viewing to closing but due to a business trip, my negotiation, inspections, etc., were handled by another agent. However, I thought he did a great job and would definitely recommend him to other prospective buyers." - Renee K.
"Peter has exceptional knowledge of the local markets, and the details of a real estate transaction and is always working in the best interests of his clients. His staff is also very professional and makes sure everything is completed properly and in a timely manner." - George B.
"Peter sold my house on the first day, full asking price. I really appreciated that he was able to market the house so that potential buyers came in very quickly. He also advised me on an appropriate price point using appropriate comparable houses in my neighborhood. I understand buyers were coming from far away as Virginia. What more can I say!" - Deb C.
"Peter Chiarkas is a very respectable business man. He was very helpful in getting the house sold in a short period of time. He also kept us updated on everything that was going on. I would not hesitate to recommend Peter to anyone who wants to sell their house. Very professional." - Linda M.
"Professional and diligent. Excellent and prompt responses to questions. Personable and easy to work with. All in all a very good experience using Peter as a realtor to sell a house." - Hallie H.
"Peter Chiarkas listed and sold a property for us within 2 days. He is highly professional and has a high rate of follow through. He is very fair and honest." - Avis K.
"Peter was excellent to work with. He always made himself available, was very knowledgeable about the properties we looked at, and got us answers to questions he wasn't able to address." - Val B.
"Peter was very professional in all our dealings with him. He listened to our long list of wants and needs and was patient with us throughout the long process of finding just the right place. He is also supported by a friendly and competent staff. I would highly recommend Peter to anyone looking for a superb real estate agent. He has all the skills needed to get you into the home you're looking for, from listing and selling your current home or closing the deal on your dream home. Professional, friendly and competent." - Bev B.
"Our townhouse was listed and under contract within two weeks. Promotional materials were quickly collected and distributed, negotiations for repairs prior to finalization of the contract were handled smoothly, all paperwork and communications were completed accurately and quickly." - Kassie L.
“Great understanding of the area and very keyed in on investment opportunities. Working with Peter was very rewarding and I would recommend he and his team to any serious investors in the Centre County area.” - Ryan T.
“Peter was very professional and knowledgeable. Peter had the knowledge and market insight to list our house at the right price-point. While the average time on market at that time was about 90 days, Peter had ours sold in 35 days, and at nearly full asking price! I can’t thank Peter enough for the service he provided my wife and me.” - Doug F.
“I have worked with Peter Chiarkas twice. About ten years ago, when I was going to sell my home, I worked with three agents from 3 different realties. One of them was Peter. Through the process I decided not to sell my home, however, of the three agents, I knew, if I were to sell, I would call Peter. He is self-assured, knows what he is doing, isn't pushy and yet is very caring. So in 2010, I decided to sell and I called Peter and everything, EVERYTHING went smoothly. I trusted that he knew me and was behind me. Peter has a very calming effect. He is efficient, professional, and very knowledgeable about all the details of selling a house such as the right paper work, time frames, the right people to contact for inspection, how to set up showing the house without stress, and how to negotiate. He follows up on what he says he will do. He is also very good at explaining all the paper work in a clear and concise way so that you feel well informed.. I highly recommend him as an agent.” - Christine D.
“Peter was very honest with us regarding our home and the possibilities. We were kept up to date on the activity regarding our home sale and the home sales in our area. Peter was available at any time to discuss our options to ensure we were happy with the sale of our home.” - Erin F.
“Peter sold us a house, and sold our house while we lived in State College. He made our experiences very enjoyable. His vast knowledge of the area opened up opportunities we would not of known about. Being Transplants to State College, the TLC he provided helped us bond immediately with him as partners. His evaluation of the market was spot on and allowed us to sell our home within a week, while protecting our equity. If I was trying to make a choice on what agent to pick in State College, it wouldn't be close. Peter is your man hands down! A special mix of great people skills with solid business acumen.” - Steve G.
“Peter conducted the "paperwork" portion on the closing of my mother-in-laws condo - title search, attorney, etc. (We had a private buyer, and did not utilize his negotiation skills, although I have no doubt we would have had a positive outcome.) Peter was very knowledgable and constantly kept me in the loop concerning the details of the closing. If the need should arise, I would certainly use Peter as my realtor.” - Cindy K.
My Real Estate Newsletter