What is a Buyer Agency?
Whether you are buying an existing home, building a new home, considering an investment property or a business venture, it will probably be one of the most important purchases of your life. Choosing to be represented by a buyer's agent means you'll be able to make an informed, intelligent decision.
Today, home buyers can benefit from professional representation by choosing a buyer agent. Legally, the responsibilities of a Buyer Agent are defined by Pennsylvania State law and the REALTORS® Code of Ethics and generally include fiduciary responsibility, confidentiality, loyalty, full disclosure and accurate accounting. It's important to know that EVERY buyer agent here at KBB is also a REALTOR. (What's the difference Read this page on the National Association of REALTORS website.)
What does a Professional Buyer Agent do for YOU when Buying a Home
- Represents you in every part of the property purchase process
- Locates and researches properties that meet your needs
- Provides you with Comparative Market Analysis to determine the best price
- Negotiates price and termswith the seller on your behalf
- Reviews all documents for accuracy
- Organizes and schedules thepropertyinspections (which could include: home inspection, chimney inspection, radon testing, mold/fungi testing, wood destroying insects inspection, etc.)
- Tracks your mortgage process
- Schedules final walk through of thepropertyand closing
- At closing, verifies that all terms and conditions of the purchase agreement are met
How is a Real Estate Buyer Agent Paid
A buyer's agent usually receives a share of the sales commission built into the price. In most cases, the listing agency agrees to split a sales commission with the REALTOR® who obtains a buyer for the seller's property. So, it doesn't cost you any more to be legally represented by a buyer's agent.
At Kissinger Bigatel & Brower REALTORS®, we have many qualified buyer's agents who will work with you, the buyer, to help you get the real estate you want at the best possible price.
For more information, Why Buy with KBB