Experience, Knowledge, Dedication
Larry Walker offers more than 25 years of local real estate experience with a personal touch.
As a lifelong resident of State College, a Penn State alumnus, a parent of two and a Realtor for more than 25 years with Kissinger Bigatel & Brower, I’m invested in and dedicated to this community and its people. I look forward to providing you with a level of service that far exceeds your expectations and makes you feel as though you are my only client.
I serve all the communities that make up the Centre Region and have a history representing both sellers and buyers. From first-time buyers and clients with relocation needs to those seeking commercial and investment properties, I provide a complete range of real estate services.
Along with my wife of 25 years, Karen, and our sons, Mitchell and Max, I love living and working in Happy Valley. I am passionate about volunteering and contributing to the fabric of our great community.
That’s why I've been involved with the State College Jaycees, the Penn State Quarterback Club, the United Way, State College Sunrise Notary, the YMCA and many other organizations. When I’m not busy working and volunteering I enjoy golfing, skiing, walking our dogs and rabidly supporting anything and everything Penn State!
I hope we can connect soon to discuss your real estate objectives and how we can work together to achieve them. Along with my associate, Gretchen Knipe, we have more than 40 years of experience and will make your needs our priority.
Specialties and Services
I am experienced in all of the Centre Region's real estate markets.
- Seller and Buyer Representation
- First-Time Home buyers
- Relocation Specialist
- Commercial and Investment Real Estate
- New Construction
- Vacant Land
- Condominiums and Townhouses
I earned my bachelor’s degree in Finance from Penn State, hold an Associate Broker license, and am a partner of Kissinger Bigatel & Brower Realtors. In addition, I was the first broker in the markets between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia to obtain the EcoBroker designation. The additional real estate designations that I have obtained through continuing educatoin:
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR)
- Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Graduate, Real Estate Institute (GRI)
Your home is one of the most valuable assets that you will ever own. I truly believe in continuously stepping up my level of knowledge and expertise to better serve you.
Professional Awards and Achievements
Throughout my career I feel honored to have been recognized for my work and service.
- President, Centre County Association of Realtors
- Life Member, PAR Excellence Gold
- Penn State Guest Instructor, Real Estate Law, Real Estate Practice, Business Ethics
- Ron Haring Award Recipient, Leadership Centre County
- State College Business Person of the Year, State College Junior Chamber of Commerce
- Centre County Realtor of the Year, Centre County Association of Realtor
Growing up in the area and raising my family here have been wonderful experiences. I stay involved because I want to help keep the Centre Region a great place to live and work.
- President, State College Jaycees
- Vice President, State College High School Alumni Association
- Treasurer & Board of Directors, Leadership Centre County
- President, Penn State Quarterback Club
- Board of Directors, State College YMCA
- Founding Chair, United Way Young Leader's Group
- College Township Chair, United Way Campaign
- Secretary, Alpha Sigma Phi Alumni Board
- Chair, Jaycees Punt, Pass, & Kick
- Long Range Planning, Golf & Greens Committees, Centre Hills Country Club
- Charter Member, Treasurer & Board of Directors, State College Sunrise Rotary
Gretchen Knipe, REALTOR®
Gretchen Knipe is a Realtor with strong ties to the State College community. After graduating from State College High School, Gretchen lived and worked in Connecticut and Minnesota before returning to the area.
A licensed Realtor since 2003, Gretchen’s knowledge of the Centre Region and its people is an added asset to all clients. With a background in title insurance, her experience allows her to support Larry and their clients in all matters from purchase commitment to closing.