State College ranked #7 City across the US where people live the longest
Daily News: State College ranked # 7 City across the US where people live the longest
According to USA Today, Most rural areas actually have a lower 2020 life expectancy than a decade earlier. Yet in cities, life expectancy is relatively high.
An average American born in 2020 has an average life expectancy of 79.1 years, which can vary widely from different places across the country.
To determine the cities where people live the longest, 24/7 Tempo reviewed data on life expectancy in U.S. metropolitan areas from County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, a collaboration between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute.
After doing research on these areas, the areas where people live the longest are in the western part of the country- including metro areas in California. The other state with more than 2 metro areas is Florida. Most residents are wealthy, a little over half have median annual household incomes higher than the U.S. median income.
From the research reported from USA Today, here are the top 10 locations with the highest life expectancy:
10. Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Connecticut: Life expectancy: 82.71 years
9. Corvallis, Oregon: Life expectancy: 82.80 years
8. Santa Cruz-Watsonville, California: Life expectancy: 82.83 years
7. State College, Pennsylvania: Life Expectancy: 82.92 years
6. Yuma, Arizona: Life Expectancy: 82.93 years
5. Boulder, Colorado: Life Expectancy: 82.97 years
4. Kahului-Wailuku, Hawaii: Life Expectancy 83.29 years
3. San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, California: Life Expectanacy: 83.37 years
2. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, California: Life Expectancy: 84.55 years
1. Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island, Florida: Life Expectancy:86.6 years
View full article at USA Today.com
View homes for sale in State College:
Post a Comment