Susan Rupert Group
Realtor, ABR, CRS, e-PRO, SRES
- 814-234-4000 ext 3213
- 814-234-4000 ext 3213
- 814-238-6771 ext 3213
- 800-876-3395 ext 3213
- 2300 South Atherton St.
State College, PA 16801
You've found a Realtor who knows State College, Bellefonte, and the Centre County, Pennsylvania market area
Susan Rupert, REALTOR
I have over 25 years experience in the real estate industry helping people buy and sell with ease. I have built my business one happy client at a time. These same great people refer their friends and family to me, because they believe in my service and know I tell it like it is! Nearly 90% of my business is generated by personal referrals from satisfied clients and associates both past and present.
If you're looking for an experienced and successful agent who gets the job done, call me! I work honestly and with integrity for my clients to meet their needs and make sure they are satisfied with the service they get from me.
Terry Gingher, Associate Broker
Terry has been a licensed Associate Broker with Kissinger, Bigatel & Brower Realtors for over 30 years. He has specialized in Residential, Farm and Rural Land Sales as well as numerous land development projects. He has been a partner in rental properties, land development as well as new home construction projects. Terry makes sure that a client’s best interest is the center of every transaction.
Terry and his wife, Beth, raised 6 children and reside in Boalsburg, PA. When Terry isn’t working on real estate you can find him in his garage or working on his motorcycles and cars
Michele Johnson, REALTOR
Michele is a Supply Chain Management graduate of Eastern Michigan University. She polished her negotiation skills as a Buyer for an automotive manufacturer, as well as learning the value of open communication and time management. As the daughter of Terry Gingher, she grew up around the real estate business which provides her with a solid foundation of the industry and familiarity of the local market.
Michele is a natural multitasker and cares about the details. She will make sure each client’s experience is a positive one. She is process oriented and works to make sure each step of the transaction is completed as seamlessly as possible. Communication is her #1 priority for clients.
Michele and her husband, Jeremiah, who currently serves in the military are the parents of two small children and live in Boalsburg, PA.
1,421 square feet
1,962 square feet
3,608 square feet
910 square feet
1,768 square feet
1,316 square feet
About Susan Rupert
Whether you are a first time home buyer, a seller, or an experienced investor, you will find useful information about how to choose the “right” property, making an offer, negotiating, financing, mortgage rates, moving, and everything involved in making an informed real estate decision in today´s market.
Please feel free to browse through this site to explore the Centre County communities of State College, University Park, Boalsburg, Lemont, Pine Grove Mills, Bellefonte, Centre Hall, and Warriors Mark. This comprehensive online tool offers direct access to the latest properties for sale in your area. Featuring extensive community information, consumer links, school information, free reports, answers to commonly asked real estate questions, and more, you´ll find everything about real estate within one easy source.
If you currently own property and are thinking of placing it on the market, this site contains information about preparing your home for sale, selecting the right agent, pricing your home appropriately, marketing it effectively, going through the inspection processes, and receiving a timely market evaluation.
I was born and raised in Huntingdon, PAand moved to State College, PAseveral years ago with my husbandRonwho is a Controller at Chemcut Corp. We have two children, Andrea and Erik, who both attend Penn State University. We also have two wonderful grandchildren,Taylor and Noah, who we enjoy spending time with.
Specialties and Achievements
My extensive Real Estate experience has given me the opportunity to specialize in several areas of the Real Estate field in order to better benefit and serve my clients.
SPECIALTIES and ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Accredited Buyers Representative
- Consistent Multi-Million Dollar Producer
- First Time Home Buyers
- Relocations (buyers or sellers)
- New Construction
- Single Family Residence
- Multi Unit Properties
- Commercial Properties
- Investment Properties
- Distressed Properties
- REO/Short Sales
- VA Financing
- Code and Zoning Regulations
- 1031 Exchange and Reverse Exchange
- Staging of homes
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Accredited Buyers Representative
- Senior Real Estate Specialist Designation Program
- Radon and Mold education courses
- Certified Residential Specialist
- 1031 Exchanges education courses
When it's football season, I can be usually be found showing my support at the Penn State football games. When football is not in season, I enjoy hiking, biking, cooking, or even a simple backyard barbeque with friends and family. I look forward to traveling, and most of all, Ilove spending time with my grandchildren.
Involvement in the community is very important to me. I have a passion to help others and enjoy giving my time to charitable organizations, as I know how desperately volunteers are needed to keep most of these organizations alive so that they are able to benefit the people of our community. I am an avid supporter of the Breast Cancer Coalition and the local Aids Project, as well as the Lukemia Society. In addition, I have longstanding memberships with the Centre County Convention, the Centre County Visitors Bureau, Special Olympics, and The Bridge of Hope.
Professional Background and Memberships
I started my working experience as an Office Administrator for Swigarts Insurance Company. Then I starting working for Mead Products-Westvaco where I was an Office Adiminstrator employed for 9 years. From there I made the move to HRI, Inc. where I was employed as an Administrative Assistant. In 1994 I was offered an opportunity to be an Administrative Assistant with a local Real Estate office. This is when I developed my knowledge of the real estate industry and my passion to become a Real Estate agent. In 1999 I dedicated myself to being a full time Real Estate agent with Kissinger Bigatel & Brower Realtors. My goal is to build trust with every client by offering them the dedication and commitment that is necessary to get the job done. I take great pride in my attention to detail along with my professionalism and accessibility. I continually increase my knowledge of the industry to better serve my clients.
MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING ASSOCIATIONS:
- National Association of REALTORS
- Centre County Association of REALTORS
- Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS
- Par Excellence Recipient
- Chamber of Business and Industry of Centre County (CBICC)
- Patton Township Business Association
Why Use a Realtor?
All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR “®” logo on the business card or other marketing and sales literature. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strictcode of ethicsand are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®.
But if you’re still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here are a dozen more reasons to use one:
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power— that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give a REALTOR®some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders — banks and mortgage companies — offer limited choices.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search.Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
3. Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property.Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. There are two things you’ll want to know. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate.There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property.Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR®, title company or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
8. When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties.These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
9. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public.Often, your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. In many markets across the country, over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer. Your REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR®Code of Ethicsrequires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
10. Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property.There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts.When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
11. Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position.This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing — a lot of possible pitfalls. Your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
12. Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).
“Why Use A REALTOR?” National Association of REALTORS: Why Use A REALTOR. 16 Dec. 2007. NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS. 2008. <http://www.realtor.com/Basics/AllAbout/Realtors/Why.asp?poe=realtor.>
10147 Tanglewood Drive
Huntingdon, PA $335,000 (Buyer)
194 Kathryn Drive
Bellefonte, PA 234,900 (Buyer)
2697 Penbrook Lane
State College, PA $242,000 (Buyer)
187 Wiltree Court
State College, PA $255,000 (Buyer)
185 Kestrel Lane
Boalsburg, PA $232,079 (Buyer)
806 Stratford Drive #38
State College, PA $120,000 (Buyer)
126 N 2nd Street
Philipsburg, PA $239,500 (Buyer)
1806 S Sparks Street
State College, PA $279,900 (Buyer)
109 Cherry Ridge Road
State College, PA $320,000 (Buyer)
201 Kestrel Lane
Boalsburg, PA $220,272 (Buyer)
210 Kimport Avenue
Boalsburg, PA $228,000 (Buyer)
915 Southgate Drive #2
State College, PA $154,000 (Buyer)
117 W Nittany Avenue
State College, PA $507,000 (Buyer)
2495 Saratoga Drive
State College, PA $215,025 (Buyer)
3538 Rockey Lane
Petersburg, PA $246,000 (Buyer)
106 Cornfield Lane
Port Matilda, PA $300,000 (Buyer)
637 W Beaver Avenue
State College, PA $320,000 (Buyer)
321 E Lamb Street
Bellefonte, PA $149,800 (Buyer)
1152 Smithfield Circle
State College, PA $339,500 (Buyer)
167 Cambium Avenue
Bellefonte, PA $228,000 (Buyer)
150 Indian Hill Road
Boalsburg, PA $200,000 (Buyer)
161 Beaver Road
Julian, PA $107,600 (Buyer)
My Twitter Feed